Sunday, May 25, 2014

... that I am starting to bake?

The first week in April was Conference, of course. (Man, I've been slacking in the blogging department. Way behind.) Anyway, anytime we watched Conference at my parents' house, I would beg and beg for cinnamon rolls. We really only ever had them on special occasions like Conference or Christmas, so I always crave them around those times of the year. But for some reason, baking is really hard for me and I'm just not good at it.

I was so desperate for cinnamon rolls a few years ago that I attempted to make them myself. And then we ran out of flour and Matt had to grind some wheat, it was too cold for the dough to rise, and I baked them for too long. So they were definitely not my best, and it scared me out of making them for a couple of years. But I finally tried again! This time, I had Matt's mom to help me, AND she shared the best recipe ever with me, so they turned out great! They made my Conference weekend just perfect!


Then I lured Kaari to my work by promising her some if she brought G to see me. And it totally worked.


I loved the cinnamon rolls so much, that I attempted to make them by myself a few weeks later. And it was almost a disaster. I really can't be trusted to make them by myself. I don't even have a Kitchenaid, what was I thinking??? But the more I practice, the better they will be. And when I get a Kitchenaide, I won't have to knead them by hand. But until then, I'll keep trying and learning.

I love cinnamon rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment